Friday, August 20, 2010

Adventures in Cloth


When I was pregnant with Kenley and went to a local baby expo, I saw these crazy diapers people were selling that had velcro flaps or snaps and you washed! Craziness, right? Actually, not so much. I wanted to try them way back then, a whole 17 months ago, but my mom talked me out of it. Said I'd hate the laundry. (I do hate laundry.)

I'm not sure what came over me, but I decided when Kenley turned 16 months, I wanted to try the whole cloth diapering thing after all. SO...I asked a friend about it (she has twins close to the same age as Kenley), and she helped get me started in the right direction. A month later, I really do enjoy it. My mom still thinks I'm crazy, and she's yet to see that it will be cheaper (once I STOP buying new diapers!) in the long run. It's amazing how many diapers we were throwing away each week, not to mention the money we spent. I'm actually doing cloth wipes, now too....at home only though.

I'm still trying out different diapers, so I'm no where close to a Cloth Diapering Expert...but I'm getting it. For those that think, "GROSS!! Cloth diapers?", it's actually not any different when it comes to the gross factor. They're clean when they go on her. And the laundry that I would hate to do? It's not so bad. I love hanging them out to dry outside. It's like a rainbow of diapers, and how could that not put a smile on your face?

Kenley & all her diapers

First Day in Cloth

80's neon green :)

sweet.

Showing off her FuzziBunz

These were made by Kristin in California (www.diapeze.com)

She can make any print you want!

Little Cowgirl!

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see??

I see a Rae-Rae looking at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment