Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just Me and You

It's amazing how just getting out of the house and going to Meijer with my big girl puts me in a better mood. I enjoy my "Just me and you" time with Kenley...that's what she calls it when we get in the van w/out Kadey's carseat in tow. Cute. What else is cute is the conversation we had about 5 minutes from home....

Kenley: We got to go home and see Kadey.
Mommy: Why, do you miss Kadey?
K: Yeah. She's my sister.
M: Yep. She is.
K: I miss Daddy. and Madchie. and Kadey.
M: Well we'll see them soon. We're almost home. Daddy's with Kadey.
K: No! That's MY Daddy!
M: Yes, he's your daddy, but he's also Kadey's daddy.
K: No! MY Daddy! You have Kadey.
M: Oh, so Kadey has Mommy and you have Daddy?
K: Yeah. I need Daddy.
M: Don't you think Kadey needs a Daddy?
K: No. YOU have Kadey!
M: Ok. But I have you, too. I'm Kenley AND Kadey's mommy.
K: NO! You MY Mommy!
M: I thought you had Daddy?
K: No, Daddy have Kadey.
M: Ugh. Look. We're home.
K: Yay! Daddy!

We don't share well. Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment