Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Won't Let Go

With only one week of summer left, I'm beginning to realize that my girls will go back to only seeing me for an hour in the morning, 4-5 hours each evening, and weekends (and an hour a day of that time is spent in the car). I hate, hate, HATE this time of year. Since I've been through it before with Kenley, you'd think I'd be more prepared the 2nd time around. If anything, it's harder. I KNOW how fast my baby girls will grow up (without me), and it breaks my heart.

I am first, and foremost, MOMMY.

I am "Mrs. Johnson" second.

And I'm having an extremely hard time dealing with it this year.


(Video is best viewed in full-screen mode.)



1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you have to deal with that. I know it has to kill you. I am always sad when school starts again because I miss our fun summer days. The days really are magical when we are together all the time.

    On another note, your blog quilt background is so pretty. Love it! It reminds me of my Grammy. She and her friends used to make quilts just like this at quilting bees once a month.

    ReplyDelete